Parents are afforded a number of convenient transportation options to travel to the Salesian High School campus. Aside from parent pickup/dropoff, listed below are some of the options available for students to come to school:
Private Bus Option
For the 2022/2023 school year, Salesian High School will employ established private bus pickup/dropoff locations in the Bronx and Yonkers. These locations are as follows:
|Westchester Pickup/Drop Off Locations||
|Bronx Pickup/Drop Off Locations||
The cost for private transportation during the 2022/2023 school year is $2495. Reservations for this service are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note: This is a year-long commitment and there are no one-way or monthly payment options available.
Using public transportation, Salesian High School is accessible by three (3) principle means:
- For NYC Residents – While NYC mass transit does not travel to New Rochelle, for each school semester (Fall/Spring), students who reside within the five (5) boroughs of New York City are eligible to receive a free student Metrocard to be used on NYC subways and buses. Student Metrocards are only available for use Monday – Friday, between the hours of 5:30 AM – 8:30 PM.
- For NYC/Westchester Residents – Students may purchase Westchester BeeLine bus passes (pricing subject to change) to be used on all BeeLine buses operated in Westchester County.
The following bus options are available for pickup/dropoff:
- Buses 7, 42, 45 operate at New Rochelle Train Station (approximately 1 mile walking distance to/from campus; students may also transfer to the BeeLine 60/61 bus)
- Buses 60 and 61 have convenient pickup/dropoff locations in front of the Salesian High School campus.
- Metro North Railroad – Students may purchase a monthly Metro North train pass at any Metro North station. Salesian High School lies approximately 1 mile walking distance from the New Rochelle train Station, which operates on the New Haven Line.
Service includes access to stations South of New Rochelle such as:
- Grand Central
- 125th St.
- Mount Vernon
Stops on the New Haven Line North of New Rochelle include, but not limited to:
- Greenwich (CT)
- Stamford (CT)
- Darien (CT)
During the mornings, Salesian High School also provides a shuttle transportation service from the New Rochelle station.
Many parents opt to drive their sons to campus, or if available, carpool with neighbors. The school is conveniently located near Exit 16 off I-95 (N & S) and the Hutchinson River Parkway (Exits 8 or 10). If driving is your preferred option, please use the Google Maps tool to determine your route to campus.
Please be aware that there are some school districts (i.e. Port Chester and Elmsford) that provide bus transportation for students residing within the school district’s boundaries. Please contact your local school district to see if they provide bus transportation at no additional cost to your family.